Sunday, March 24, 2013

Review Wrap Up: Evol by Jess Wygle



Thriller

“I will do whatever it takes to keep us together. Nothing can keep us apart. You’re mine now.” She’d love him just as he loved her. She had to. She didn’t have a choice.

In love and happily living the life she always dreamed of, Venna Caldwell doesn’t know she is the object of a secret obsession. Until one night when she’s home alone and her stalker finally acts on his fantasies, dragging her into a sadistic nightmare that she barely escapes. Running for her life, from a man who will never stop hunting her, Venna reaches out to her estranged half-brother, grasping desperately at what little hope she has left. How far will she go to keep out of the clutches of the unrelenting monster that's hungry for her?

With her ability to grab the reader by the shirt collar, Jess Wygle delivers a fast-paced and intensely psychological thriller that will make you think twice about the people around you .



RABT REVIEW WRAP UP


JESS WYGLE HAS CREATED A TRULY TERRIFYING THRILLER. AT TIMES IT EVEN SEEMS REAL TO THE READER. THIS NOVEL IS FAST PACED AND WILL KEEP YOU ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT. YOU WILL BE SUCKED IN AND WITH THE CHARACTERS EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. DEFINITELY A MUST READ FOR THRILLER FANS! 

This Book has averaged a 4.9* Rating from reviewers during this tour.
It is currently at 4.8*'s on Amazon.
The book is only $3.69! 


FROM : MUST READ FASTER
Oh dear me! This book was crazy! I was not exactly sure how to review this. It was creepy and twisted, but in a good way. The writing was solid and it held me in suspense in MANY different parts! The book will get under your skin and make you look over your shoulder. I totally was rooting for Venna (and not just cuz we share last names!) and felt like she was a true fighter! A++ thriller! 

FROM: THE ADVENTURES WITHIN

What a sick, demented, crazy, lunatic are some of the words that ran through my mind while reading this book, including some that would make even my grandma have a heart attack. My biggest fear in the whole entire world is having someone I love and care for get taken away from me by some insane psychopath. Bringing kids into this world is the greatest joy in the world but growing up all you wish to do is protect them and pray to God that nothing should ever happen to them. So I can just imagine what Venna's mom, dad and Fiance felt when they couldn't find her. And once she was back to safety even she knew it wasn't going to last.

This is the first and most powerful book that has made me jump out of my seat full of rage wanting to get my hands on Merrick, I seriously cannot understand how a person can be so sick in the head that they would do something so vicious especially disgusting and still think that it's okay to do it. Reading the book was like watching a horror movie you didn't know what was going to happen next but you knew it wasn't going to be good. 

Being in Merricks head hearing his thoughts and reading his part of the story made me sick to my stomach, I've always seen profilers in movies, tv shows going into the mind of the subjects but I never thought a book would make someone experience that also. It made me feel like I was his accomplice, it felt so real.

Venna is a fighter she had to go through so much pain and abuse not just physically, mentally but emotionally. It broke her down, and it got to the point where she couldn't walk into her own place without freaking out, every closed door, every noise freaked her out. But having Dorian there made her feel safe like nothing could happen to her in his presence, although Lane also took part in protecting her she didn't feel as safe in his care like she did with Dorian. 


I loved the book it was fast paced and well written, I enjoyed the thriller part of it, as well as the romantic parts too, last but not least the fighting 'scenes' were fantastic I was literally jumping up and down like a cheerleader. 

Other Reviews From this Tour! 

February 23 - My Reading Addiction - Review
February 25 - BookRix - Review
February 27 - Indie Author Network - Review/Interview
March 4 - Author Ever Leigh - Review
March 15 - The Magnolia Blossom Review - Review/Interview
March 17 - Genuine Jenn- Review
March 19 - My Cozie Corner - Review
March 21 - Andi's Book Reviews - Review/Guest Post
March 22 - One Page at a Time - Review



Jess Wygle is a short story author and novelist. Her titles include Keep it Safe, Evol, Not Alone, Long
Awaited, and Where’s My Accident. Primarily writing thrillers, she has included non-fiction and romance in her repertoire.

Jess is married to her husband, AJ and has a young son named Landon. She’s also mother to a one-year- old red fox lab. This self-proclaimed movie buff has a knack for photography. She’s currently enrolled at a local college studying education and has plans to teach English at the high school level as she works her way up the bestseller list.

You can visit her blog at jesswygle.blogspot.com.
Twitter: @jcwygle
Facebook: Jess Wygle
Instagram: jesswygle
BookRix.com username: jesswygle

BookRix Between the Lines

No comments:

Post a Comment